The Ten Reasons Why Children Disappear
1. The common reasons are Divorce and parental disputes. In relation to child custody, there are times when one parent wants to relocate or move to another location. When the parents do not agree one of the parents may take the child and go underground, may change their names. The parent may change his or her occupation and the parent and child can completely drop off the face of the earth for awhile, maybe forever.
In this type of abduction, the family of the abductor usually knows where the child is. However, many times they do not want to come forward with the information.
2. America as we know it has always been considered a safety zone. That is why so many people come to this country. We never think that when we leave our children alone, going to school for example, someone is watching. When we leave them to play in the front yard, someone is watching. When we leave them for a moment in the Grocery Store, someone is watching. When we let them go to the Mall, someone is watching.
Why are predators watching us? Because it's easy for them. They look like the guy next door. They go to work every day, they smile. They play with their dog and our dog too. They are at Church or in a neighborhood meeting. They are in the P.T.A.
Predators are everywhere in our community. They are involved in everything we do including walking and watching our children walk to school.
3. Many children are abducted by their non-custodial parent however it could be another family; an Aunt, an Uncle, a mother's boyfriend, someone who has developed a relationship with the child and believes he or she is in love with the child. Then that person uses the child for whatever reason the need may be.
4. The world we live in is no stranger to one of the biggest reasons many of our children disappear without a trace. Many children are abducted and sold for body parts throughout the United States, Central America, South America and Europe. The Internet has become one of the greatest sources of business and the organized underground business is one of the most successful businesses anywhere in the world.
Can you imagine having the need of life and searching the Internet and finding a broker who can find you the organ of your choice? Here in the U.S.A., in Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, anywhere in Central, North and South America, anywhere for a price you can pay for and get the organ of your choice. If you don't believe it, search the net right here right now in Orange County, New York or anyplace in the world.
Many missing children are abducted and sold for these body parts. This is a multi-million dollar a year business. Be careful when your child is talking to a friendly little girl in a chat room. The Internet is worldwide and sometimes deceptive. The chat room your child uses could be somewhere in Mexico or New York, India, The Middle east or Korea . Your child could be talking to anyone, anywhere with the touch of a button, so close.
5. Most of us don't even think of children used as pawns for a big price. Young blonde girls are kidnapped and sold for prostitution. This happens mostly in Middle Eastern Countries. Many of them have been know throughout history to love and enjoy young white blonde girls. Korea and Japan are also part of this corruption, or perversion. There are men and women who love and enjoy being around these young children. It is possible that some young boys and girls are kidnapped for a bigger purpose, breeding.
6. Many children run away because their parent or legal guardian abuse and belittle or neglect them. They feel rejected with no one supportive to talk to, even at school. Many children are placed in Foster homes and then abused by their Foster parents. When the child does report the abuse to Child Services, sometimes the Social Worker does nothing. Many Social Workers do not care. The abuse and humiliation continues until the child goes downhill and into the streets until they reach adulthood, at times too late.
7. Many parents are in a hurry to get to work, school and wherever their daily routines take them. However while traveling to their destinations they forget a small child in the backseat. When they return to the car they find their child red and not breathing from the heat.
8. Many parents drop their kids off at school, drop them at the sidewalk and say "I'll pick you up later" then never return.
9. Many men and women cannot bear their own children and want to adopt. The problem is there are many illegal agencies that find and kidnap children for adoption or "sale". The rewards in money and other compensations are great. Some kidnappers are hired to search for a particular type of child. There are many reasons why children are abused and kidnapped, bought and sold. Unfortunately the biggest reason is that children believe and trust us, the adults, the ones who are supposed to give them love and keep them safe.
10. In the United States we are very lucky to have Police and Police departments who act within a reasonable amount of time when they get a call regarding a missing child. We are able to make Police Reports. We have the recently developed "Amber Alert" system. Police can act on tips and leads to locate a missing child and continue to gather and build upon information to continue to do a better job at finding our missing children. The use of Radio, Television and Newspapers get the word out quickly when a child goes missing. Police may set up a command post near the missing child's home and use local volunteers, posters and community involvement to help find a missing child.
Imagine living in a country that has no system in place to locate a missing child. Just south of the border, in Latin America is such a Country. When a child disappears there is no one to look for them. There is no system in place. There is no "Amber Alert', no national Center for abused and abducted children, no "Kid's Hotline" and no Center for Victims of Violent Crime. There are no organizations to assist you in conducting investigation and locate a missing child. You cannot pick up the phone and call your Congressman because there is none there for you.